NCsoft

www.ncsoft.net

US offices are depressing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGain some entry level experience into the gaming industry. You get to work on some great products...not ones that were created by your own offices but those created by the Korean office.

ConsOur Christmas bonus one year was a copy of the game we'd worked on. Just 1.
Management of the Seattle office was abysmal. Dealt with an extremely nepotistic manager who wouldn't promote anyone until they'd all left and he could promote his relative. Not that she was bad, just that she didn't have the experience that others did until they all left.
Pay was not competitive.
NCsoft West was a total mess run by incompetence and apathy.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't need to be wasting your money on a downtown Seattle office. Most of those employees are useless...you could probably hire a few English fluent folk out of HQ and do an equivalent job.

This company attracts good people and great talent

Art Production Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at NCsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They provide good benefits and progressive policies like offering health coverage for domestic partners. They also allow individual teams… Cons: Like any game company, you are vulnerable to team-wide layoffs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The company seems to publish good games, but it is poorly managed.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at NCsoft full-time

Pros: The Seattle facility is in a good location. Owns studios, like… Cons: Unclear direction from management. Management downsizes everyone except for people that are actually causing problems. People that are in charge… Advice to Senior Management: Games released in the West should have people familiar with the West in charge, instead of hoping that what worked in Korea will work here.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NCsoft.

Worked for NCsoft? Contribute to the Community!