NCsoft
www.ncsoft.net Seoul, South Korea 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good learning experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsIt's a good place to learn from veteran MMO developers. Well-funded during the heyday of MMO's and willing to spend money on quality.

ConsIf you think office politics are bad, try actual politics! Like a company run by Korean businesspeople who don't always understand or appreciate Americans.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire smart people, trust them! Give them what they need to do their jobs, and don't obstruct them all the time with conflicting directives.

Another Revolving Door Game Studio

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at NCsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Open, connected seating structure - Intermingled teams creates a sense of camaraderie - Employees given access to full suite of studio's games NCsoft has had the opportunity… Cons: - Constant Crunch hours - No Professional mobility - Conflicting and Unclear management - Low Pay rate - No benefits - Employees treated as disposable resources instead of valuable commodities Despite… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees like human beings. Multi-week crunch sessions followed by no-notice layoffs will show a profit in the short term, but has caused… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Korean leadership doesn't understand US business culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at NCsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros: great games, smart people, good compensation and benefits Cons: Korean leadership doesn't understand US business culture Advice to Senior Management: Put people who understand US business culture in charge of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NCsoft.

Worked for NCsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCsoft CEO Kim Tack Jin. All reviews posted anonymously by NCsoft employees.