NEC Corporation of America
www.necam.com Irving, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Growing company with good opportunities for talented people.

Vice President (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

ProsThere is tremendous opportunity for growth with a company that is well known in Japan, but less known in the US. The products are solid, and management seems to be fairly stable. The benefits package is comparable to other large US companies, with good health plans and matching 401K. General employee morale seems to be positive.

ConsThe company is owned by NEC Japan, and foreign leadership & culture is sometimes difficult to understand. There is a long wait for some products, due to lead times from Japanese manufacturing facilities - this causes stress for employees who deal with customers used to quick turnaround from competitors like IBM, HP, and Dell.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush back more on the leadership from NEC Japan, and strive to do things more targeted at the American market.

Forward thinking

Vice President (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

I worked at NEC Corporation of America

Pros: Stable company, cultural diversity, advanced products Cons: bureaucracy, foreign ownweship, unfocused strategies Advice to Senior Management: localize decisions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I am searching job in this company for the development

I have been working at NEC Corporation of America full-time

Pros: I have It experienced speacialised in networking Cons: I don't know about the company to mention the cons. More
There are newer reviews on NEC Corporation of America.

Worked for NEC Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NEC Corporation of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NEC Corporation of America CEO Shinsuke Takahashi. All reviews posted anonymously by NEC Corporation of America employees.