NELSON
www.nelsononline.com Philadelphia, PA 150 to 499 Employees

Hopeless and clueless

ProsIt's a job and they seem to be willing to hire anyone, even if they do not have the skills that are necessary or required by the job posting.

ConsHQ Management is unorganized, uncaring and treats employees like numbers, not people. The local managers want to be liked by the staff more than they want to be good leaders. Empty promises abound. Little to no support for training, orientation, project staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart acting like a true world class design firm rather than pretending to be one. Implement standards and treat employees with respect and maybe they would be less miserable and take the company and the managers more seriously.

A lot of opportunity and learning experiences but also a very bipolar overall organization.

I have been working at NELSON full-time

Pros: Every office is different, but the leadership in our local office is tremendous. The organization is large enough so that there… Cons: NELSON is like a sports team that is always rebuilding. They constantly shift direction and drift toward the newest big idea without having any… Advice to Senior Management: Be real . . . be human. Don't treat people like numbers . . . treat them like individuals and understand that a company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Standard work experience, nothing exceptional to feel the need to stay

Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NELSON

Pros: Helpful team, respect for employees and good work ethics. There is flow… Cons: Promotions and reviews are very laid back, there is a lack in employee recognition and… Advice to Senior Management: Compensation and salaries should be more competitive, more effort to… More
There are newer reviews on NELSON.

Worked for NELSON? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NELSON reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NELSON CEO John “Ozzie” Nelson, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by NELSON employees.