NELSON
www.nelsononline.com Philadelphia, PA 150 to 499 Employees

Change in process!

I have been working at NELSON full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe firm offers a flexible work schedule which helps with work/life balance. There is a good mix of local work and national accounts that provide a variety of work experience. Some recent changes in leadership show promise for the future. The new compensation plan is a great way for employees to understand how their work contributes directly to the company's success and therefore to their ability to receive raises and bonuses more than once a year. The sharing of staff between offices helps to balance the workload. My manager listens when I make requests relating to my career goals.

ConsThe benefits package needs a total overhaul. The new compensation plan is untried and has some details that need to be worked out. The firm's structure doesn't align with other large firms so navigating your path can be confusing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to exit interviews and make changes if necessary. Make note of the other reviews shown on this site and see what changes can be made.

decent place to blend in

Project Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at NELSON full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: the hours are not as bad as Architeture with a capital A firms. Benefits… Cons: Pay isn't great and it is impossible to get raises. The level of design is lacking - bread and butter jobs are OK, but not… Advice to Senior Management: Stop "re-focusing" and just focus on your employees and building… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

"Incompetent" doesn't begin to describe this company

I have been working at NELSON full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Not a single pro that I can think of. It… Cons: Utterly incompetent senior and mid-level management. CEO & COO have ruined a nice business started and built by the CEO's father. COO comes from a… Advice to Senior Management: Advice is pointless. Sr. management are to egotistical and ultimately,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NELSON.

Worked for NELSON? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NELSON reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NELSON CEO John “Ozzie” Nelson, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by NELSON employees.