There are newer employer reviews for NEOGOV

NEOGOV holds no opportunities back from those with potential and who are motivated

Current Employee - Product Manager in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEOGOV

Pros

Strongly growing company with a great vision. Excels at giving opportunity to those who exhibit the potential and motivation to do well. Strongly desires a highly energized, value driven workplace. A lot of potential as a company. Great locations, good benefits.

Cons

Not always a clear commitment to employees as people. Sometimes lack focus and attempts to take on too many projects without enough resources to see them through. Sometimes makes bad decisions in terms of employee motivation.

Take more time to focus. Thing should not be serial, nor should they all be done at the same time. Measure your bandwidth and try to make the best of it, rather than trying to cram everything through and seeing what fits. Also, reorganization can give an illusion of progress. Try to pay careful attention to when re-orgs will have a real, tangible benefit to move the company forward.

27 Other Employee Reviews for NEOGOV (View Most Recent)

An exciting place to be!

I have been working at NEOGOV full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Who would not want to have tons of FUN at work while carving out their own career path? Neogov does a fantastic job of providing a dynamic and diverse work environment, and promoting an excellent work-life balance. One of the most enjoyable places I’ve had the privilege to be a part of! Whether it’s a pumpkin-carving or costume contest, a softball game, a movie outing, or a discussion over a game of fooze ball, you can be sure you’ll have a great time with your colleagues, and you’ll be extremely challenged & stimulated in the process. Opportunities truly seem endless, particularly if you’re driven and enthusiastic. In just over a year my role has evolved (3x!), and I can see even greater possibilities for myself in the future. The roadmap is constantly communicated and we don’t work in silos, so we’re never in the dark about where we’re going. There’s plenty of reason to be optimistic here. It’s a very exciting place to be!

Cons

Sometimes there's very short notice on an aggressive turnaround, but noone is ever expected to pull it off alone. It's very much a team environment.

Lots of promises, no action.

I have been working at NEOGOV

Pros

Generally a great team environment. Small company promotes a friendly environment. When company events happen, always a good time that enhances team building.

Cons

Make a lot of promises that are never put into action. Limited management structure. Say that they do not micro-manage but that is all they do. Set unrealistic goals but do not give you the tools to achieve them. Just expect you to continue to exceed quota with limited resources. Need to learn to give help, praise, & management with each is due. The NEOGOV "community" needs a morale boost.

There are newer employer reviews for NEOGOV