NEOGOV
www.neogov.com El Segundo, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Full of potential for anyone who is driven to excellence

ProsFull Disclosure: I currently work at NEOGOV (nearly 8 months) and am a happy employee

NEOGOV is a nice sized company that is neither too big or too small. You end up knowing everyone in the office and company (~150 people). The workforce at NEOGOV has a healthy mixture of young people who are just launching their careers to mid-career managers to highly experienced professionals. I'd have to say it's a good place for anyone in their careers. The company is profitable so job security isn't a problem.

As for the products being designed and developed, they're very exciting and the market NEOGOV is going after is pretty competitive so there's a clear sense of urgency to get ahead of competitors. Most everyone at NG wants to work hard, put in the hours to level up the products and win in the market.

There are three areas at NG; R&D, Sales and Customer Success. The R&D is comprised of developers and designers who work on the products—they love their work. The Sales team obviously sells the products, primarily working through lead generation (cold calls) and then follow up demos. It's pretty effective and the slaes people are a fun bunch. The Customer Success group are hard workers who support the customers and work on implementations. It may seem a thankless job but everyone knows how important this group is.

ConsThe biggest con is that there are so many cool things NG can be making that the focus can be spread thin. It's a con but it's not being ignored and many manager and employees are working on getting more focus in the product development. I'm very hopeful that this issue will get better and better.

Advice to Senior ManagementGlassdoor is asking me to give "advice" to "upper-management" but the hierarchy is pretty flat at NEOGOV, the CEO walks around and talks with everyone and knows basically everyone. So it doesn't feel like there's even an "upper-managment" that is far-and-away removed. There's literally only two people who have offices :-)

Turnover Central

Intern (Former Employee)
    El Segundo, CA

I worked at NEOGOV as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The pros of my time here was the free snacks and people.… Cons: This place was a revolving door of interns and other employees. There's so much turnover there. Everyone from new coders, staff, and sales… Advice to Senior Management: Stop writing fake reviews. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Plenty of smart, intuitive talent to work around with.

El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEOGOV full-time for less than a year

Pros: You'll be faced with challenges, no matter what you do. Everyone is great to work with and there's some pretty good at work perks. We… Cons: Other than the normal tech/design company woes like staying super late sometimes to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NEOGOV.

Worked for NEOGOV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NEOGOV reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NEOGOV CEO Damir Davidovic. All reviews posted anonymously by NEOGOV employees.