There are newer employer reviews for NETGEAR

Worst job Ive had

Current Employee - Operations  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Operations in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NETGEAR full-time

Pros

Hmmm...people have heard of them.

Cons

Insane workload, terrible communication and rude fellow employees. No one seems to really get along and I challenge any current employee to say different.

There needs to be respect from the top down. You may feel like you can look down on your subordinates but to talk down and belittle is wrong.

65 Other Employee Reviews for NETGEAR (View Most Recent)

No Work Life Balance

I worked at NETGEAR full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ I learned a lot
    + Easy Access to VPs & Executive Office

Cons

- Work hours were from 7am - 9/10pm, including some holidays and some weekend work. After 18 months I approached my management to ask for some work life balance consideration. They said there was 'no opportunity for reducing the work hours' and in fact our team was to be doing 20-30% more the following year with the same resources. Around the same time I was offered a position with less pay but better work hours. I left NETGEAR - Money can't buy time.

If you want to keep hard working, smart people please consider they have lives outside of work

Unique place to develop one's career in a dynamic way

Current Employee - Finance  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NETGEAR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Netgear is a unique place where you can develop your career in a dynamic fashion that fits with your individual interests. Lots of opportunity to work across department lines and take on new roles/responsibilities. Definitely a place where you can learn a lot.

Any employee can have a large impact on the organization, despite it being a global company. This makes for a satisfying work experience.

Salaries are competitive or better than average. Performance is rewarded.

Cons

Employees need to be able to manage themselves (not for everyone).

Upper management is pretty solid. The organization is "flat", so upper management tends to be very visible. I've found them to be very approachable. I'd encourage them to maintain this as the company grows.

There are newer employer reviews for NETGEAR

Worked for NETGEAR? Contribute to the Community!