Nexon America, not bad, but not great either.

I have been working at NEXON

Pros

Casual work environment.
Allows for creativity in some departments.
Decent benefits.
Spacious office with nice open concept design.
One of the leading Free To Play Online Game Korean companies in the world.
The company has maintained a steady rate of growth over the years.

Cons

Many positions are paid below their industry standards.

Developers and Producers work long and erratic hours, with frequent intrusions into their personal lives.

Upper management provides some goals, but rarely a means to actually accomplish them.

Many employees seem to have "checked out".

Higher then average turnover rate, with many employees either leaving or looking for new jobs.

The company is divided between Koreans and Non-Koreans. Koreans generally maintain all positions of influence (with a few exceptions). Many of the Korean employees are originally from Korea and as a result have some difficulties with English. This results in cliques forming based on Korean speakers. The end result is an atmosphere where Korean employees and Non-Korean employees rarely interact, leading to misunderstandings and trust issues within the company.

The company is fairly robust and is certainly not going to go out of business, but I do not see it becoming a mainstream publisher on the same level as EA or Activision any time soon.

Game Developers are based in Korea, and there are issues convincing Development studios to localize to the US market properly.

The company is currently top heavy. There are too many commanders and not enough troops. Additionally many employees are overworked and underpaid, and as a result the company is in danger of brain drain. Steps should be taken to correct these issues as soon as possible.

Other Reviews for NEXON

A decent experience but severely lacking.

I have been working at NEXON

Pros

1. Decent wages
    2. Good people to work with
    3. A focus on the future
    4. A well-known company with many customers

Cons

1. Very long hours
    2. Frequent overtimes due to lack of employees
    3. Lack of respect outside of the immediate workplace (less respect to the customers and community, less respect from executive)
    4. The ideals shown to me from when I first worked here changed drastically from wanting to make our games fun to wanting to make as much money as possible without contributing to our games giving enjoyment.
    5. Lack of appropriate communication outside of immediate workplace. Being a Korean company at heart, there are many places where the English used is incomprehensible or unclear.
    6. Employees are frequently frustrated
    7. Current work force is unstable.
    8. A focus on the future, but lacking a way to get there
    9. Terrible management
    10. Technology used is not good enough for our purposes, resulting in frequent crashes, maintenances, etc.

There needs to be better communication between the executive, management, and work force. There are too many times where we did not understand each other and it caused conflicts between workers and in our projects. We also need better communication to the community. As of right now, we simply ignore anything obviously bad that the community has to say. We need to take note of them even if we cannot immediately fix them. Everyone is always frustrated and I cannot see a good future ahead nor any point in working at Nexon for more than a few more years.

A doorway opportunity to the Video Games industry.

I have been working at NEXON

Pros

1) Great people to work with. Respectful and an enjoyment seeing at work.
    2) Free food and coffee.
    3) High energy and high paced environment.

Cons

1) Low paying job.
    2) Understaffed. This causes a lot of people in many departments to be overworked and stressed out.
    3) Overtime is frequent across all departments.

Employees feeling the adverse effect of a rapidly growing company.

There are newer employer reviews for NEXON.

Worked for NEXON? Contribute to the Community!