There are newer employer reviews for NEXON

Nexon is one of the worst gaming companies to work for.

Current Employee - Vindictus Game Engineer in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Vindictus Game Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEXON part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-As many breaks as our current team manager allows which was quite often
- Basketball court and food lounge
- Employees great to work with, not so the higher ups.

Cons

-I recently quit the Vindictus NA team because of how corporate treats us and making us unable to speak to players about the issues at hand that make this company so unprofessional.
-Under alot of pressure to get assignments done at an unreasonable rate to the point where I have to go home and finish it and add it to a USB to bring back to work.
-Have to relay all information to Nexon Korea before Nexon NA can do anything regarding issues to the game, they gave us the patches for everything and i mean everything......
-Seoul, IE Nexon Korea will be doing an overhaul and probably firing a lot of staff in 2013 I assume.
-Overall Nexon is a company where you can get your foot in the door for some experience then quit as soon as you can.

Corporate needs to change there outlook. Making games into where its basicly give us money or you will have a bad experience. The higher ups have no idea about the gaming industry, "more profit is more important than player experience" is corporate in a nutshell.

reviews filtered by

Could be better

Former Employee - Customer Service in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NEXON part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work on some of the largest F2P games available
    Decent office
    Very flexible times, if part-time
    Coffee machine never breaks

Cons

Team synergy is below par
    Terrible morale
    Not much enthusiasm, you'll understand why if you decide to work here
    Not so flexible times, if full-time

Less focus on the money, more on value through service.

This gaming company makes a poor representation of what it means to work in the industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEXON full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-great coffee machine
    -can be late often or not come in at all. They don't seem to have a policy for that, even if you are management.

Cons

-Two year temporary positions for most, with very expensive benefits and only if you can afford and want them.
    -No holiday pay, and forced to be off if you are temp.
    -Bad company structure; they do not know what direction they want to lead the company to.
    -The wrong people in the wrong positions, employees that are die hard being overworked to no end.
    -Old vet employees that are reluctant to change.
    -Company does not invest in resources for departments that need it.
    -Does not care about their player base.
    -They just want to know “How much more money they can make”, without a care in trying to fix their games and make them better for those that have spent the money already.
    -Everyone looks unhappy, and people quit weekly.

Figure out what direction you want to take, remind your management or re-train on how to manage and be professional.
    Pick up your company morale; a couple but almost no one seems happy to be there you wouldn’t think you work for a gaming company.
    Invest in your customer service and those that help improve your online game stability.

There are newer employer reviews for NEXON