NEXON
www.nexon.com Tokyo, Japan 1000 to 5000 Employees

Nexon is one of the worst gaming companies to work for.

Vindictus Game Engineer (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

Pros-As many breaks as our current team manager allows which was quite often
- Basketball court and food lounge
- Employees great to work with, not so the higher ups.

Cons-I recently quit the Vindictus NA team because of how corporate treats us and making us unable to speak to players about the issues at hand that make this company so unprofessional.
-Under alot of pressure to get assignments done at an unreasonable rate to the point where I have to go home and finish it and add it to a USB to bring back to work.
-Have to relay all information to Nexon Korea before Nexon NA can do anything regarding issues to the game, they gave us the patches for everything and i mean everything......
-Seoul, IE Nexon Korea will be doing an overhaul and probably firing a lot of staff in 2013 I assume.
-Overall Nexon is a company where you can get your foot in the door for some experience then quit as soon as you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate needs to change there outlook. Making games into where its basicly give us money or you will have a bad experience. The higher ups have no idea about the gaming industry, "more profit is more important than player experience" is corporate in a nutshell.

Could be better

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NEXON part-time for more than a year

Pros: Work on some of the largest F2P games available Decent office Very… Cons: Team synergy is below par Terrible morale Not much enthusiasm, you'll understand why… Advice to Senior Management: Less focus on the money, more on value through service. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

This gaming company makes a poor representation of what it means to work in the industry.

El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEXON full-time for less than a year

Pros: -great coffee machine -can be late often or not come in at all. They… Cons: -Two year temporary positions for most, with very expensive benefits and only if you can afford and want them. -No holiday pay, and forced to… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out what direction you want to take, remind your management or re-train on how to manage and be professional. Pick up your company morale;… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NEXON.

Worked for NEXON? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NEXON reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NEXON CEO Seung Woo Choi. All reviews posted anonymously by NEXON employees.