There are newer employer reviews for NEXON

This company and missed opportunities

Former Employee - Project Manager in El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - Project Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at NEXON full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment, when not facing strenuous deadlines concerning updates, patches, whatever, is very relaxed and the people you meet are wonderful. Basketball court, lounge, and beautiful beach view. Great place to make life-long friends and find people who are truly compassionate about their jobs and the games.

Cons

Leadership is addled and confused. They have no clue how to manage these games and are hindered even further by Nexon Korea. Meager pay. Harsh deadlines and late nights. No overtime. Some of the policies are for certain individuals only.

Advice to Management

Learn to have some courage and don't needlessly follow everything that Nexon Korea tells you. You are your own company and you're missing out on gems and alienating your player base. Instead of doing the right things and pushing for certain games, you've allowed games which at one time were one of your leading moneymakers, to fall stagnate. Now you try and focus on other games, letting the true gems escape you. I understand some of the reason and verdicts come from Nexon Korea, but with a little push things could have been different. This adds stress to your workers also, as they are met with a community that dislikes them, especially when we aren't allowed to communicate with them. This has them believing things like bugs and errors are our fault, especially when we aren't giving time to look over the code and fix these things. I mean come on, you get a patch and want us to translate, code and import it in less than two weeks? This company only cares about money. The way the employees are treated tends to be fair, given the deadlines, but some of the management could do with not showing preferential treatment to some of the less talented and more loyal employees. The lack of communication between Nexon and Nexon Korea is also killer, with everything seemingly dropped last minute. With a better tie to our communities, better attempts at understanding the load put on your employees, and some infrastructure changes, the company could grow and expand, seeing an overall better product produced.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great, with a couple drawbacks

Current Employee - Administrative in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEXON full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent hours, great benefits, Close-knit teams.

Cons

Unappreciative little kids demanding everything on a silver platter that are never pleased no matter what we do.

Advice to Management

None.

Looking to work here? Keep looking, you can do better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at NEXON full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Basketball court Great, talented people, personal friendships and networking opportunities Safe neighborhood

Cons

Poor wages (do your homework when applying, there ARE companies that will pay you fair market value) Fail executive staff (aimless vision, no transparency, don't know what to do with the talent) Failing company (all the top talent has already escaped this sinking ship, while the remaining talent are avidly looking for new opportunities elsewhere). I've got a hunch the Nexon America office will be closed by Big Daddy Korea/Japan so they can focus on the asian market.

Advice to Management

There are great people here. Your customers are loyal and wonderful as well. But when your idea of driving revenue is to post big banners and popups for sales rather than crafting an excellent user experience, and the competition catches up with the Free 2 Play model, you're destined to fail once you've lost sight of the people.