NFI Industries

www.nfiindustries.com

7 year employee with NFI. as a former CDL-A driver with NFI, i found their system to be fairly well organized.

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsPay was adequate depending on what account you worked on. Most pay is miles + stops at about .39/ per mile. Safety is heavily preached, but not always adhered to. Benefit packages are average and they do PAY ON TIME in the seven years I was with them.

ConsThey have a slip-seat policy that does not work well with driver schedules. They do this to save money by running trucks around the clock, but the maintenance of trucks suffers for this policy. Many days I was dispatched with a poorly running truck, sometimes with no air conditioning, which can make a driver sleepy. Had to drive a different truck almost every day due to slip-seating and taking whatever truck was available at the start of my shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to preach safety, back it up! Stop putting drivers in unmanageable to positions where there is no time to perform quality pre-trips and no post-trip inspections due to slip-seating with the trucks running around-the-clock . Then set governors on the trucks at 62 mph to save money on gas, but extend the drivers working hours without extra pay. By slowing down the trucks to a crawl and making it hard to make delivery times, you are putting drivers in tenuous positions.

Would not recommend for an Internship

Intern (Former Employee) Lebanon, IN

I worked at NFI Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros: Free rein Tons of hours, so great for overtime Cons: Little experience and no feed back or direction No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Pleasure working for this company

Freight Handler (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at NFI Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great work environment, everyone was treated with respect. Cons: None that I can think of. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work, do more cross training. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NFI Industries.

Worked for NFI Industries? Contribute to the Community!