There are newer employer reviews for NGP VAN

One of the best companies I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at NGP VAN

Pros

NGP VAN treats it's employees like gold!

Cons

Only specific to my project... but it hasn't been managed very well.

Don't be afraid to impose much needed change to projects in jeopardy, whether that involves replacing PMs or not. Do what's best for the team!

13 Other Employee Reviews for NGP VAN (View Most Recent)

Good and getting better, but not perfect.

Former Employee - Software Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Software Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at NGP VAN

Pros

NGP is continually growing and beating its competitors in an industry that is revolutionizing politicis. Just a few years ago the company was 3 guys sitting in a room and it's now 50+ people with the best product on the market. They are always looking for ways to better there product and their first priority is customer service. The office environment fosters camaraderie and good will towards one another. Moreover, you definitely can't argue with with the healthcare and dental benefits. Less important, but still a perk, there's a free gym in the office building.

Cons

Although the company has grown over the years it still carries vestiges of a start-up software company. Employees can expect to work long hours for a pay that is far from competitive. The president and vice president will argue that they are more likened to a non-profit campaign than a software company and so the pay is justified. However, their recent success makes this explanation hard to swallow. The company will dangle the promise of pay raises and reviews, but the 2-3% annual raise is standard at any company which keeps pace with inflation.

Run the business as you are, but pay your workers more. I doubt your customers would run to your competitors at this point. You have a monopolistic holding on democratic candidates and political organizations.

Get a job here and you'll never want to give it up.

Current Employee - Web Designer/Developer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Web Designer/Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at NGP VAN

Pros

The work I do makes a real difference in the world, and management has gone to significant pains to ensure a drama free work place - this is the first job I've ever had where I can consider all of my coworkers good friends. Overall, it's a laid-back environment where most people really enjoy their jobs and even hang out together outside of work.

Cons

Due to the nature of our work, pay is lower than similar positions at more traditional software companies. We are also often very busy, especially around campaign season, so you can find yourself quickly racking up a lot of overtime, however management is usually quick to recognize that and kick in a little extra.

Try to increase salaries, at least a little - DC is too expensive!

There are newer employer reviews for NGP VAN

Worked for NGP VAN? Contribute to the Community!