There are newer employer reviews for NIIT

Good futuristic company effected by "Mean-spirited" superiors

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at NIIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has a good vision and approach hence was able to make its presence felt around the globe. This company has some people whome I would say they are the "ASSETS TO NIIT".

Cons

When a company grows and becomes large enough to be managed by the inceptors/creators, it becomes indispensible to decentralise the management and operations to expand the business and spawn the wings. The meritorious creators of NIIT, with their bona fide struggle, carved the way of growth and made some so called "Site leaders, Senior project managers.......etc" to manage the business. This is where the pitfall started. Of late, I saw some real dignified projects falling off the wagon so badly that it was good enough to tarnish the image of NIIT. These ne'er-do-well managers has nothing to do with the laid down policies. They make the employees extend the work beyond the level of humanity. Forget about others, I myself worked for 21 hrs in a streatch. Crises can happen once or twice where an employee can be made to work like this (in fact, they wud be happy to). If a crises becomes an ongoing affair, then it points to two reasons: 1) A deliberate plan to use the employees to draw maximum work, or 2) The management is not capable of forcasting/analysing the project in terms of time and manpower. In my career, I have witnessed the most insensitive and mean minded approach from a company towards its employees. I would like to mention here, my review is not about NIIT as a whole, its about the experiance at my workplace. It is my unbiased review.

Advice to Management

No matter how good the creaters are, if supervisors under them are not doing good, it is assumed (deemed) that the treatment is approved by the creaters. To the Top-notch creators of NIIT, it is my humble request for you to understand the fact that employees should be treated like an asset and not like a liability. You need to ensure that no devil scamp should exercise their own rules.

Other Employee Reviews for NIIT

1. Memorable and learning experience with establishment of great network of connections.

Former Contractor - District Coordinator in Chamba, Himachal Pradesh (India)
    Former Contractor - District Coordinator in Chamba, Himachal Pradesh (India)

I worked at NIIT as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work independently and freely with directions and advice from seniors. Got opportunity to travel and work work with people whom I may never have met.

Cons

I don't think there is any. If someone is in job, he/she has to perform also.

Advice to Management

Previous employees should be considered for new vacancies as well as they might have learnt from other places also which may be more helpful.

2. catalyst for my confidence

Former Employee - Faculty in Dhanbād (India)
    Former Employee - Faculty in Dhanbād (India)

I worked at NIIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it give me chance to work with leadersvn i learn a lots of things during my working period

Cons

too less salary..and unwanted pressure