There are newer employer reviews for NIKE

The pay is good,everything else, not so much

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

Pay is good,you receive bonus checks throughout the fiscal year, benefits such as paid time off, if you are part-time over or full time

Cons

Management does not follow protocols they say everyone should adhere to, difficult to advance on running floor if you are not a runner which is very bias becasue people can becvome full-time after just starting while others after working for years such as myself are still under appreciating and left at a part-time under position, and a huge portion of that is beacuse im not a runner, hard to leave your floor and try to move to a new one, managers talk to you a s if they are well programmed drones when you ask them simplistic questions regarding policy or protocol. They hire additional seasonals and then claim its beacuse our availability is not oopen enough and tell us after they hire them, cutting hours for permanent employees

Advice to Management

Please listen to sales associates,we are the grunts butu many times we do the most work and know what this business is really lacking and needs, thank you

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

One tiny cog in a machine, very cult like. Most co-workers spent 1/3 of their paycheck at work on discounted items.

Former Employee - Seasonal Athlete in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Seasonal Athlete in Portland, OR

I worked at NIKE

Pros

Time off was easy enough. They'd hire just about anybody w/o a record if you were passionate about the swoosh. Lots of bad attitudes were allowed to stick around like no other place I've worked at.

Cons

Low pay, and not many get the amazing benefits. It's who you know, worse than I've ever seen. Unaware of the rest of the world who didn't drink their Kool-Aid.

Advice to Management

Hire less seasonal athlete's and give more hours to the workers you've got. Better break room. Please be more considerate with the employee's time. Put up the work schedules w/ way more advance. I can't tell you how many times I didn't know if I was working the next day, because the schedule wasn't posted yet.

Great place to learn from the industry leading company. Great co-workers and great environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at NIKE

Pros

The people in the trenches are awesome to work with and become great friends. If you love sports this is the place for you. The culture of sports and being around others who love sports is amazing.

Cons

Since the layoffs in 2009 there has been a big shift in the mentality of the Senior Leadership. Self-Preservation is taking precedence over team building. Leaders are micro-managing suboridinates more and more and not allowing people to do their job. It is becoming a big corporation with all the political trappings.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging people and let them do their work. Senior Leaders need to make teambuilding a prioritty. The self-preservation of senior leadership does not lend itself to a lot of trust.