There are newer employer reviews for NIKE

The pay is good,everything else, not so much

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

Pay is good,you receive bonus checks throughout the fiscal year, benefits such as paid time off, if you are part-time over or full time

Cons

Management does not follow protocols they say everyone should adhere to, difficult to advance on running floor if you are not a runner which is very bias becasue people can becvome full-time after just starting while others after working for years such as myself are still under appreciating and left at a part-time under position, and a huge portion of that is beacuse im not a runner, hard to leave your floor and try to move to a new one, managers talk to you a s if they are well programmed drones when you ask them simplistic questions regarding policy or protocol. They hire additional seasonals and then claim its beacuse our availability is not oopen enough and tell us after they hire them, cutting hours for permanent employees

Please listen to sales associates,we are the grunts butu many times we do the most work and know what this business is really lacking and needs, thank you

836 Other Employee Reviews for NIKE (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn from the industry leading company. Great co-workers and great environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at NIKE

Pros

The people in the trenches are awesome to work with and become great friends. If you love sports this is the place for you. The culture of sports and being around others who love sports is amazing.

Cons

Since the layoffs in 2009 there has been a big shift in the mentality of the Senior Leadership. Self-Preservation is taking precedence over team building. Leaders are micro-managing suboridinates more and more and not allowing people to do their job. It is becoming a big corporation with all the political trappings.

Stop micromanaging people and let them do their work. Senior Leaders need to make teambuilding a prioritty. The self-preservation of senior leadership does not lend itself to a lot of trust.

Fantastic

Former Employee - Facilities in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Facilities in Portland, OR

I worked at NIKE

Pros

Professional Environment
    Well Oiled Machine
    Great organization

Cons

More updated tools for repairs

Listen to needs of employees

There are newer employer reviews for NIKE