Colaborative on the Director Level

Current Employee - Director of Strategy
Current Employee - Director of Strategy

I have been working at NIKE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

creative ideas taken into consideration with experience behind you.

Cons

Recruiting process is a bust. You have to know someone on the inside.

Advice to Management

Improve the hiring and recruiting process. Nike is missing out on good local talent.

Other Employee Reviews for NIKE

Sadly, not the place it used to be. Less authentic Nike Culture, More Dilbert Cartoons coming to life in Nike IT.

Former Employee - Senior IT Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Senior IT Manager in Beaverton, OR

I worked at NIKE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-A truly beautiful campus with lots of cool events -Saying you work at Nike carries cache from a career standpoint -Half price product, most of which is pretty awesome -Casual Dress expected -Compensation is OK to Good, not bad as many reviews state. IT generally pays a bit better than other parts of the company. ESPP, Bonuses, 401k Match as well. -Other parts of the company outside IT generally have a better experience -Strong CEO, Mark Parker has kept Nike No.1 in the Sports & Apparel Industry

Cons

-Management more concerned about building their personal brand at the expense of all around them. -Bad people managers allowed to continue reign of terror, fear, and intimidation as long as they deliver results. Grown adults crying at their cube happened on more than one occasion. -Little to no work/life balance, weekends, holidays, nights are the norm not the exception. Not much appreciation either. You are generally treated like a disposable commodity. -Managers who use a soft hand to achieve results and and want to develop their teams are not promoted or "managed out" of the company. -Internal candidates for upper level positions are rarely considered. Always considered best to hire from other Fortune 500 companies. This has changed our culture for the worse.

Advice to Management

IT was once a great org that you could proud to work for, We are Nike! Bring back more folks who believe in that mission and the maxims (REALLY!! not just trumpeting it to get through presentations..) I was glad I worked here but I wouldnt go back in the current environment and that is really a shame.

Working in HR at NIKE

Current Employee - Human Resources in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great peers Great benefits Cool Heritage about the company and how it was founded Great products

Cons

Terrible Leadership in HR Passive Aggressive Culture Alot of Egos to deal with

Advice to Management

Hire people who challenge the status quo. Get away from "well we have always done it this way." When Nike was founded computers didn't exist. Change is good. Don't hire those who will just agree with you.