NIKE

www.nikeinc.com

Fun, open, sport-oriented, but ultimately limiting

Footwear Development Manager (Former Employee) Taichung (Taiwan)

Pros- Fairly egalitarian and open culture
- Sports oriented, great for someone who like to be exposed to sports on a regular basis
- Adventurous spirits will find areas to serve as their creative outlets

ConsPay in Taiwan and other offshore offices are based on local salary standards, which usually means decent, but not great pay.

As development manager, much time is spent commuting to the factories located 45 minutes and 1.5 hours away, respectively. Although there is company shuttle bus, the commute really takes away time from doing actual work, and often make after-hour e-mailing at home mandatory.

Work conditions, facilities, and overall environment at offshore offices are not comparable with that of HQ in Oregon. There is little chance of interacting with the designers, marketing team, and star athletes.

Footwear is also a labor intensive industry that will inevitably shift to countries with lower cost of labor. If the focus of your job is in manufacturing or product development, relocation to countries like Indonesia, Vietnam, China, India, among others, is a real possibility.

Ftwr Prod mgmt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NIKE full-time

Pros: great place for people who likes sports Cons: Too big a big company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great place with some small flaws

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Hilversum (Netherlands)

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: fantastic brand, great company culture, a good school to improve your skills, very… Cons: mostly english native speakers get better chances, the higher up you go, the less you like the company politics, not the best payer unless you… Advice to Senior Management: HR and employee development responsibility taken from HR and given to the line managers, considering that they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NIKE.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!