NIKE

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

Good people, good benefits, great place to work.

Cons

Slightly short sighted regarding competition.

Great job, just remember that not everyone in the world is a Nike person.

933 Other Employee Reviews for NIKE (View Most Recent)

Great Employees, Incompetent Leaders

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at NIKE

Pros

All the non-work parts of "working" at Nike are great! Flexible hours, beautiful campus, great workout facilities, lots of opportunity for social interaction (e.g. happy hours, sports teams, on-campus events, volunteer days). Most of the people that work there are passionate and competent.

Cons

Management is pathetic. When I was promoted to a management role (without any consideration for my people management skills), I received zero training and support from HR or my own supervisor. I was allowed/forced to wallow and fail. I think I could be a better manager with more focused and dedicated development and support. My experience must be typical because every manager I had at Nike (6 in 6 years) was a horrible and incompetent leader. However, the blame is with HR and the corporate leadership to allow lousy managers to be retained and even promoted.

Practice what you preach. Nike has 11 Maxims, but I can personally provide dozens of examples where leaders have violated each of them, repeatedly. Nike was built on passion, innovation, and trust (remember that handshake between Bill and Phil?), but has very quickly destroyed the special Nike culture to save some short-term costs and put up the smoke and mirrors for Wall Street.

Just Do It

Current Employee - Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

In general, I'd say I'm proud to work there, and have learned a lot. Definitely a great place to learn. You kind of learn through osmosis here.

Cons

There's a little bit of cronyism among Nike, and a little bit of politics. I suppose that's with any job though, especially of this size. It is what you make of it.

Really, really try to take more notice of the junior level employees. These are the ones that will be the future of the company, and their ideas and opinions matter.

There are newer employer reviews for NIKE