There are newer employer reviews for NIKE

Fun place to work as a sales associate (i.e. Athlete in the Nike lingo)

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at NIKE part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Co-workers are usually great -no micro management -fun team atmosphere

Cons

- not much upward movability when working as sales associate - hours cut at will

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people like me and you'll be alright :)

Other Employee Reviews for NIKE

Not like any company I've ever worked at. Unusual working environment of a growth company.

Current Employee - Senior BSA in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Senior BSA in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is always work to do--more work than can be done by the staff but there are intake processes that regulate and administrate the work requested. Production Support is done by temporary workers (who have been in their positions for years) therefore there is no longer on-call or pager duty. There is more work-life balance that is possible than in past years. Nike does well even in poor economic years and sometimes better than good economic years.

Cons

There are too many temporary workers because of the contract Nike has with the suppliers of workers. Sometimes they pretend to join web meetings but if you ask them questions via the web you get dead air. They show up at meetings but never say anything. However at team status meetings they regurgitate what the project team members say as though they are actively participating when they are not producing anything. They agree to take over for you while you are on vacation but do NOTHING while you are gone using the excuse that they were too busy and when you return you have hyper anxious project managers to deal with. Poor management of temporary workers. Many managers effectively manage up but never manage their own teams. They are gone to meetings and workshops and then when they are in their offices their doors are closed. They set up status meetings and then delegate them to team members who have know idea what the meeting should use as an agenda. they miss their own status meetings and staff meetings. This makes me wonder what do they report at their leadership meetings if they never have dialog with their teams. The individual contributor keeps projects running smoothly not sure what value the mid-level managers ad. We can live live well without them.

Advice to Management

Keep the temporary workers and the mid level managers and directors out of our way. We have work to do. and we don't need them! The temp workers sometimes need so much help that it is more work to have some of them than to do it yourself.

Great career opportunities.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, good people.

Cons

Constant organizational shifts cause constant miscommunication from the leadership and unnecessary spin.

Advice to Management

Communicate more both horizontally across the leadership spectrum and align on your message vertically down to the rest of the organization.