NJVC

There are newer employer reviews for NJVC

Different

Current Employee - Logistics Management in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Logistics Management in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at NJVC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to learn the Project Manager Frame work if you have never work as a Project Manager and you will probably gain valuable experience.

Cons

Nepotism is a big at NJVC to the point some people are using their maiden name and not following their managers request to complete task because their spouse is in charge of a section that they may some influence in that section.

Stop with the head games and tell employees the truth what going on with company.

62 Other Employee Reviews for NJVC (View Most Recent)

It's a paycheck, not a career

Current Employee - Configuration Management Specialist in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Configuration Management Specialist in McLean, VA

I have been working at NJVC

Pros

Very diverse background of people (including military and non-military)
    Interaction with All Levels of The Organization
    Comfortable dress code
    Benefits
    Excellent holiday party to celebrate the employees hard work

Cons

Poor supervisory communication,
    Poor duty descriptions and feedback
    The overall company encourages training and certifications, the 1st line managers block that from happening

Generally, the management at NJVC is very good but the biggest hurdle eems to be communication starting with the front-line managers. As a growing company, the organization changes repeatedly and it can be confusing for people who don't know of the changes when they are enacted.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at NJVC

Pros

As a fairly new and growing company, NJVC is a wonderful place to work. They are comprised of some of the best employees from other elite companies such as BAE Systems, LockheedMartin, SAIC and Harris to name a few. I have found our HR department to be top notch. That is a big plus for any company. They believe in 'Pay for Performance' which so many companies pay lip service to but do not really hold the line. It is a great company to work for and will only get better.

Cons

I would also have to site communication. As an O&S (Operations and Sustainment) type company, I believe upper management is trying hard to ensure the information tricles down to all employees. The breakdown appears to be at the middle management level. That is where i reside. I see too many instances of employees telling me my co-managers are not keeping them abreast of what is happening. Here, we need to do better.

Also there is the problem of Managers being responsible for employees in different locations and only communicating with them during the employee assessment period.

If Middle Management wants to make it to Upper Management, they need to individual employee interaction. The ones they see daily are fine. The ones not co-located with them need the same care. Give it to them. If you have to do an overnight in order to provide the face time they deserve, do it. The company will not frown on such initiative. i am pretty sure they will applaud it.

There are newer employer reviews for NJVC