Ok, but glad to leave

Former Employee - Systems Engineer IV in Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Systems Engineer IV in Bethesda, MD

I worked at NJVC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits weren't too bad. Reasonable work hours. Secure government building location. Made you feel really important.

Cons

Very very low starting salary. Annual raises were practically non-existent. Mediocre leave policy. No assistance for recently separated veterans. Worked at a site where I was the only NJVC employee. I felt like NJVC just left me there and forgot about me.

Advice to Management

When a veteran takes NJVC as a first job outside of the military, it is very difficult to transition out of that mindset. I would suggest focusing on these new hires, since they are not used to that lifestyle. Keep in touch with your employees who represent the company and work at other sites.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not bad, but getting worse

Current Employee - Server Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Server Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at NJVC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, if you were underpaid before Good benefits If you are well liked, especially by the customer, they will take care of you

Cons

High turnover Few contracts, so if they lose a big one, you are in trouble HR was difficult when I was there, but most of HR has turned over now Too many chiefs, not enough braves. Your annual review will probably be done by someone who doesn't know you, but that doesn't matter because everyone gets the same "average" review anyway They were formed (small 8a) specifically to get one large contract and now that customer doesn't seem to like them. Nepotism and cronyism is infamous there

Advice to Management

Get some new contracts

2. Great opportunities"

I have been working at NJVC full-time

Pros

NJVC offers a wide variety of great work experiences including chances to expand your business and technical skills. Always looking for great people who think 'outside of the box' and ready to work hard for the benefit of the company and themselves!

Cons

Lots of competition in our industry but NJVC is well positioned for the challenge

Advice to Management

We are a unique company with a lot to offer this industry. Keep up the hard work and together we'll get there!