Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at NJVC

Pros

As a fairly new and growing company, NJVC is a wonderful place to work. They are comprised of some of the best employees from other elite companies such as BAE Systems, LockheedMartin, SAIC and Harris to name a few. I have found our HR department to be top notch. That is a big plus for any company. They believe in 'Pay for Performance' which so many companies pay lip service to but do not really hold the line. It is a great company to work for and will only get better.

Cons

I would also have to site communication. As an O&S (Operations and Sustainment) type company, I believe upper management is trying hard to ensure the information tricles down to all employees. The breakdown appears to be at the middle management level. That is where i reside. I see too many instances of employees telling me my co-managers are not keeping them abreast of what is happening. Here, we need to do better.

Also there is the problem of Managers being responsible for employees in different locations and only communicating with them during the employee assessment period.

Advice to Management

If Middle Management wants to make it to Upper Management, they need to individual employee interaction. The ones they see daily are fine. The ones not co-located with them need the same care. Give it to them. If you have to do an overnight in order to provide the face time they deserve, do it. The company will not frown on such initiative. i am pretty sure they will applaud it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. NJVC - A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at NJVC

Pros

NJVC has a lot of benefits, but just to name a few:
    Great People
    Interaction with All Levels of The Organization
    Company Culture
    Benefits
    Community
    Social Responsibility

Cons

People who do not work at one of the corporate facilities may not have as much interaction with Executives as those who do which can make communication flow a bit more difficult.

Advice to Management

Generally, the management at NJVC is very good but the biggest hurdle we face seems to be communication. As a growing company, the organization changes repeatedly and it can be confusing for people who don't know of the changes when they are enacted.

2. Dishonesty and disrespect are the norm with intermediate management.

Former Employee - Senior Defense Analyst in Manama (Bahrain)
    Former Employee - Senior Defense Analyst in Manama (Bahrain)

I worked at NJVC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are very competitive. Benefits and perks (business travel, plus up deployment pay) are great incentives. The workforce is talented, experienced and team-oriented.

Cons

Middle management (TMs, PMs) are regularly withhold information about contract negotiations, and position openings. I've seen a PM lie outright when asking about new positions being established to keep employees from applying.

Advice to Management

Ultimately it is easy to attract the best next employees if the current and former employees can honestly say working for NJVC was a pleasure.