NORC at the University of Chicago

There are newer employer reviews for NORC at the University of Chicago

Field Interviewer

Former Employee - GSS 2008 in Washington, DC
Former Employee - GSS 2008 in Washington, DC

I worked at NORC at the University of Chicago full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent work, well organized, team behind me to back me up if necessary. Provided a nice car, excellent hotel, meals, etc. And, the work/interviews were fascinating. I always got my interview. I only ever had one man decline even after plying him with a case of Maine Lobsters. For me it was gratifying work, fun work for which I also got paid.

Cons

None, the pay was fair as they provide the food and shelter during the process so we save tons of money in that regard.

73 Other Employee Reviews for NORC at the University of Chicago (View Most Recent)

NORC

Current Employee - Field Interviewer
    Current Employee - Field Interviewer

I have been working at NORC at the University of Chicago as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and no office work.

Cons

They don't like paying for the mileage and like for interviewers to work by phone to keep costs down.

Let interviewers know your budget ahead of time. We're told that you want us to work at least 25 hrs and then we get downgraded. Also, RTI pays more. Westat is better to work for.

Good for work/life balance or 2nd job, but not much else.

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer

I have been working at NORC at the University of Chicago part-time

Pros

Good location to get to. Free coffee. Some cool people you can meet. Good resume filler or when you NEED a job. Simple job to perform. Casual dress.

Cons

Low hours. Low pay. Monotony. More a cog in the machine than a real employee. People may get angry with cold calling them. Opinions or suggestions have no value or are not considered.

Listen to your employees more. You cant just placate them with a suggestion box and then not follow through.

There are newer employer reviews for NORC at the University of Chicago