NORCAL Mutual Insurance
www.norcalmutual.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Awesome Company to work for

Claims Assistant (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

ProsNorcal Mutual was an amazing company to work for. The 10 plus years that I was there were an amazing time of growth and learning. The friendship, the constant dialog and team spirit are things I will always have with me and never forget.

ConsThere is no cons. Norcal Mutual was and still is a great company to work for. Being laid off was a result of the economy and I can't fault them because of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimply, Thank You for an amazing ten year run. You all are great.

Had high hopes but was hugely disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NORCAL Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Learned so much at Norcal, friendly co-workers, great benefits and… Cons: Toxic environment, poor management, good ol' boys club, ultra conservative,… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees and make changes, don't just listen and not do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very unusual corporate environment, perfect for some people

Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at NORCAL Mutual Insurance

Pros: * Excellent benefits * True commitment to work and life balance with employees only working a seven hour work day * VERY… Cons: This is an extremely political and conservative corporate environment, full of ridiculous rules and outdated processes and technologies. There are processes that are… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to embrace change! There are so many things… More
There are newer reviews on NORCAL Mutual Insurance.

Worked for NORCAL Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NORCAL Mutual Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NORCAL Mutual Insurance CEO Scott Diener. All reviews posted anonymously by NORCAL Mutual Insurance employees.