There are newer employer reviews for NORDAM

NORDAM acknowledges capabilities and makes opportunities available, should the initiative be there.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Program Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at NORDAM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company with a small company mentality. Appreciates everyone and treats them as family. I believe opportunities are there that make the effort to go above and beyond.

Cons

Volatile industry. As long as you work to diversify your overall knowledge and expand your presence, you are appreciated; however, if you become content with your job and choose not to go above and beyond, you employment could be in jeopardy.

Advice to Management

Plan a little better for down times. Significant measures have been installed to accommodate current stakeholders through diversification and proactive willingness to transfer internally in order to save jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for NORDAM

1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Engineer I in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Tulsa, OK

Pros

The work schedule is very flexible The work is pretty interesting There is use of some state-of-the-art technology in manufacturing.

Cons

The commute for me is very long. The location is very remote (which makes for the long commute) The opportunities for me to learn and develop professionally sometimes seem limited. The people are fine, but not necessarily very "fun" to work with.

Advice to Management

The upper leadership doesn't communicate to stakeholders very often - even an update email would be nice from time to time.

The real NORDAM

Pros

The learning opportunities are great. NORDAM works on a lot of different things.

Cons

The company seems to be all that matters. They say they want you to have a balanced life with work and family, but reality seems to be company comes first.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and their knowledge. Stop leading from your ivory towers.