NPD

www.npd.com

It's a stop on your career path, not a destination.

Director (Former Employee) Port Washington, NY

ProsThe work-life balance is good. Casual (jeans) dress code. If you live on Long Island, then it's a nice alternative to commuting into NYC. Many of the people are nice, and the job security is decent in today's economy. You'll get exposure to many Fortune 500 companies if you work in a client facing role. If you want a career in Market Research, you'll get great experience.

ConsThe compensation is well below market average. Growth has been anemic over the past several years, and thus bonuses and raises have not been good. Executive level management preaches that "we" (the employees) need to adapt for the future, but they've done a poor job of leading the company in that direction. The company is run by the same people that have been there forever, and they are way out-of-touch. The executives talk a little too much about their beach houses and don't make any attempt to relate to their employees. There is a serious lack of vision for the future, which makes it feel like the leadership is looking to cash out soon. It's a decent stop on your career path, but it is not a destination.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a better vision for the future. There is a serious need for new blood among Sr. management. Invest in the growth of the company. Make a better effort to hire and retain top talent.

Good overall experience

Market Research Analyst (Current Employee) Randolph, NJ

I have been working at NPD as an intern for less than a year

Pros: learn a great deal of information about specific industry, perform web-based market research,… Cons: very repetitive job, boring, other than how to perform web-based… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, relatively low stress environment

Category Specialist (Current Employee) Port Washington, NY

I have been working at NPD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great work life balance, Most colleagues are pleasant to be around. Cons: NPD is a bureaucratic, slow moving institution. Advice to Senior Management: none. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NPD.

Worked for NPD? Contribute to the Community!