There are newer employer reviews for NPL Construction

A lot of personality politics

I have been working at NPL Construction full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Long term slow growth corporate philosophy with an emphasis on responding to identified trouble areas. Company promotes through all levels from within.

Cons

Management preoccupied with maximizing annual bonuses vs. net outlay for facilities, equipment & employee provisions & perks. A lot of "Who can pee higher up on the hydrant" games. Initial emphasis of responding to identified problems is undercut by tendency toward complacency toward such problems once the microscope moves on; also tends to avoid identifying potential problems unless and until becoming actual issues.

Advice to Management

Corporate should adopt across the board (national) policies to which all divisions practice & adhere. Should stop waiting until OSHA or DOT is breathing down their necks to address problems. Standing on the union contracted minimum wages isn't making NPL look like an industry leader; lot of good people have left because they went too long without a raise. Experience should count.

reviews filtered by

Hard work

I have been working at NPL Construction

Pros

At NPL the chances for advancement are high to become a laborer or management laborers are union and make a good amount of money

Cons

It takes awhile to advance. You work hard for little pay working outside in all types of weather, rain, snow heat or the cold

Advice to Management

Offer the little guys a little more pay for what they do. It is not an easy job this job is not for everyone

2. Pretty good place to work. Easy going.

Current Employee - Equipment Operator in Woodbridge, CT
    Current Employee - Equipment Operator in Woodbridge, CT

I have been working at NPL Construction

Pros

Plenty of overtime when Weather permitting. Newer equipment. Great coworkers. Good foreman and management for the most part.

Cons

Well below average pay all across the board including foreman,operators,drivers,fitters and laborers. Health benefits aren't very good. you can't possible retire on the money the company contributes to your 401k retirement. Company lacks some tools and equipment needed day to day. Higher up management has their head in the clouds and doesn't listen to the guys in the field.

Advice to Management

Listen to the guys in the field. We want to help. The better we do our job the more work we get. If the company makes money we make money.

There are newer employer reviews for NPL Construction