NPS Pharmaceuticals

Down into the dumps

Current Employee - Medical Writing Director in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Medical Writing Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at NPS Pharmaceuticals

Pros

When I joined NPS in 2007, the company was a large, friendly family. People were highlyu educated and work well together. The CEO held open meetings to inform workers of what the company was doing. During development of its first New Drug Application, I hired a number of workers and received initial support for my efforts.

Cons

After data problems and other crises, things started falling apart. In fighting, day long debates on wording in documents, secret meetings, limited access to information needed to write documents, hiring of people with few skills and very difficult to handle opinions all ensued. Eventually, the company imploded.

Stay as a small company, developing quality drugs that can be sold to others--or be bought out by another company. The current CEO is not the one under which I worked.

4 Other Employee Reviews for NPS Pharmaceuticals (View Most Recent)

Consultant

I worked at NPS Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Great company, great people enjoyed my time working there

Cons

None that I can think of

I felt they were very approachable and open to new ideas, different approachs

Innovative, fast paced, exciting

Current Employee - Corporate in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Corporate in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at NPS Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people, the people, the people, fast paced, growing company, get it done attitude, flexible and motivating to work for patients with rare and neglected diseases

Cons

growing very quickly, not a lot of structure in place, if you enjoy creative problem solving and can manage through some ambiguity and chaos than this is the right place for you.

Don't grow too quickly, remain flexible and externally focussed, don't turn into big pharma.

There are newer employer reviews for NPS Pharmaceuticals