NRA

www.nra.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for NRA

good people

I worked at NRA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-good benefits
-majority of employees are very friendly, good people

Cons

-non profit pay, infrequent raises/reviews
-difficult to advance within, promotions almost non existent within your department unless someone leaves or you move to new dept.
-nearly impossible to get fired (could be a pro i guess if youre lazy)

15 Other Employee Reviews for NRA (View Most Recent)

I am a volunteer, but would love the opportunity to work for this establishment.

I worked at NRA

Pros

No doubt this organization definitely has their act together.

Cons

No cons here. This organization listens, communicates well, gives respect to others, shows excellent ethics, career guidance.

NA

Fine, but cliquish

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at NRA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a very dedicated organization. They never lose site of the primary objective, ensuring Americans retain the right to bear arms. Many of the employees are friendly and happy to help out a newbie. The team building events are a little out there, but definitely bring you all closer together. It is nice to have unlimited access to the shooting range in the basement.

Cons

As an organization run by an older generation, I found the lack of digital integration and streamlining, at least in my department, rather frustrating. The other unexpected quirk was the isolation of departments. There is no interdepartmental interaction. I became an anomaly and outcast with a number of my coworkers because I ate lunch with people in other departments.

Hire a business analyst to help streamline your processes. There are a number of unnecessary bottlenecks in getting the job done. Encouraging company-wide or interdepartmental team building events so the people in advancement or the people in membership are not strangers to the people in ILA or law enforcement would help with the social isolationism.

There are newer employer reviews for NRA