NRA
www.nra.org Fairfax, VA 500 to 999 Employees

Rather pleasant experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NRA part-time for less than a year

ProsTo echo a prior review, if you are well liked, life is good. Things went well enough for me.

ConsUnderstandable inability to often not listen to another side of the argument. Some people are worse than others, some of whom soured my experience. Not too bad for the most part.
Pay wasn't great, but if you're in it for the love -- the cause, that should be good enough. I wouldn't recommend long-term employment unless this is really your issue and you have the money to do this on the side.

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND LOVE IT!!!

Campaign Field Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at NRA as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: I loved working for an org that fights for what… Cons: You will be hard-pressed to find a job outside of… Advice to Senior Management: Create more long-term jobs in every state to be more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

"Old boys" bureaucratic culture with minimal advancement opportunities for career advancement.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NRA

Pros: You can bring guns into the office. Come in late, take… Cons: Internal politics trump job performance. no one gets fired + no… More

There are newer reviews on NRA.

Worked for NRA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NRA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NRA CEO John C. Sigler. All reviews posted anonymously by NRA employees.