NRECA

www.nreca.coop

Dynamix and never dull. If you are self motivated the learning opportunities are boundless.

Senior Representative (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsIf you are a person who wants a career and not just a job, you'll love NRECA. There is on-site Microsoft Training opportunities for all Office Products and SharePoint. You are encouraged to continue training opportunities, persue professional certifications and secondary education. (They offer up to $8,000/year for college!)

There are no clear career paths, but in my short experience - if you show iniciative, you will advance either by applying for another open position or a rewrite of your current responsibilities.

The benefits are truely about as high as you can find anywhere, with the exception of huge bonuses. They do offer smaller incentives in the form of gift certificates, but you won't get rich. What you will have is a place that never gets dull, great benefits, work life balance, and a comfortable salary with great retirement benefits.

ConsA little slow to get rid of bad managers and tolerance for unkind management behaviors.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistent accountablility of all mid level management

Amazing place to work . . . We're All On The Same Team

Senior Representative (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at NRECA

Pros: Amazing opportunities to partner with other professionals throughout the Association, working together to make a difference for the member-owners of electric cooperatives nationwide. Innovation and… Cons: The workload can be heavy yet good managers are aware and do what they can to minimize the load. Business casual is… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees and do not intimidate them when they suggest that some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's just ok...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at NRECA

Pros: Good sense of community in the asociation. People are nice to work… Cons: Lack of promotion opportunities. We just had our first lay off and the association is cutting on a few benefits (including tuition reimbursement). … Advice to Senior Management: People are your most important asset. More
There are newer reviews on NRECA.

Worked for NRECA? Contribute to the Community!