NRECA

www.nreca.coop
There are newer employer reviews for NRECA

Nice people but frustrating place to work

I have been working at NRECA

Pros

The benefits are great. The people I work with and the members are great. Training that is offered to staff is good.

Cons

The Prima donnas that work here. The can't get off there duff to xerox something or call a cab. Rediculous! Management is slow to get rid of low-performing employees which is frustrating. There seems to be favoritism in how certain people are promoted and treated.

Hire managers that have management training or get them professional training.

36 Other Employee Reviews for NRECA (View Most Recent)

Amazing place to work . . . We're All On The Same Team

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in Arlington, VA

I have been working at NRECA

Pros

Amazing opportunities to partner with other professionals throughout the Association, working together to make a difference for the member-owners of electric cooperatives nationwide. Innovation and creativity are not only supported, but encouraged. The NRECA work ethic is almost legendary. Interdepartmental projects with work teams are frequently formed with great results.

Cons

The workload can be heavy yet good managers are aware and do what they can to minimize the load. Business casual is only on Fridays and in the summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day). Some of the less engaged employees are somehow allowed to remain.

Listen to your employees and do not intimidate them when they suggest that some deadlines may be unrealistic. Treat your employees as the true resources that they are.

It's just ok...

I have been working at NRECA

Pros

Good sense of community in the asociation. People are nice to work with and there isn't a lot of competition, there is a team work environment.

Cons

Lack of promotion opportunities. We just had our first lay off and the association is cutting on a few benefits (including tuition reimbursement). They are now showing that they are like any other company out there. It's all about money and we cut from those who it will hurt the most. Oh also forgot to mention no casual dress.

People are your most important asset.

There are newer employer reviews for NRECA