It's just ok...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at NRECA

Pros

Good sense of community in the asociation. People are nice to work with and there isn't a lot of competition, there is a team work environment.

Cons

Lack of promotion opportunities. We just had our first lay off and the association is cutting on a few benefits (including tuition reimbursement). They are now showing that they are like any other company out there. It's all about money and we cut from those who it will hurt the most. Oh also forgot to mention no casual dress.

People are your most important asset.

Other Reviews for NRECA

NRECA--Approach with Care

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Advisor  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Advisor in Arlington, VA

I have been working at NRECA

Pros

NRECA offers great benefits, a nice physical environment, and it has a great mission of bringing low-cost electricity to large swaths of the US. And some departments, like HR and IT, are absolutely great places to work.

Cons

The politics, the politics, the politics. Certain parts of the organization are wildly disfunctional, with people getting let go for no reason, some made up reason, the phase of the moon--who knows? The epicenter of problems is around insurance services, with the marketing department also having its share of issues. Beware, too, bullying supervisors--there are quite a few in this organization, and HR will not do anything to help you. Check out the various discrimination complaints and wrongful termination issues floating around out there--NRECA has more than its fair share. So disappointing for an organization with so much potential, and so much good that it brings to the communities it serves.

There needs to be a top-down commitment to fair employment practices, with supervisors held accountable for the treatment of their employees. Too often, people who are perceived as high-performers are allowed to mistreat their direct reports and internal business partners. That is morally wrong and undercuts NRECA's business mission at every level.

Overall, NRECA is a good place to work for, and I am proud of it.

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at NRECA

Pros

1. You will get good balance between work and life.
    2. You will have good job security, especially in the difficult economic.
    3. NRECA provides good benefit package, with good pension, 401K, multiple insurance, and PTO's.
    4. NRECA respects their employees.
    5. The office in Arlington is conveniently located right next to the Ballston Metro Station and I-66.
    6. NRECA provides flexible work schedule.

Cons

1. Since this is a non-profit org, there is not much pressure on the job so you might lost the competitveness.
    2. The salary is not as competitive as other private companies, and there are no bonuses.

Reviews and promotions should be based on the profermance, not experience.

There are newer employer reviews for NRECA.

Worked for NRECA? Contribute to the Community!