NRECA
www.nreca.coop Arlington, VA 500 to 999 Employees

Amazing place to work . . . We're All On The Same Team

Senior Representative (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

ProsAmazing opportunities to partner with other professionals throughout the Association, working together to make a difference for the member-owners of electric cooperatives nationwide. Innovation and creativity are not only supported, but encouraged. The NRECA work ethic is almost legendary. Interdepartmental projects with work teams are frequently formed with great results.

ConsThe workload can be heavy yet good managers are aware and do what they can to minimize the load. Business casual is only on Fridays and in the summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day). Some of the less engaged employees are somehow allowed to remain.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and do not intimidate them when they suggest that some deadlines may be unrealistic. Treat your employees as the true resources that they are.

It's just ok...

I have been working at NRECA

Pros: Good sense of community in the asociation. People are nice to work… Cons: Lack of promotion opportunities. We just had our first lay off and the association is cutting on a few benefits (including tuition reimbursement). … Advice to Senior Management: People are your most important asset. More

NRECA--Approach with Care

Senior Marketing Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at NRECA

Pros: NRECA offers great benefits, a nice physical environment, and it has a great mission of bringing low-cost electricity… Cons: The politics, the politics, the politics. Certain parts of the organization are wildly disfunctional, with people getting let go for no reason, some made up… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be a top-down commitment to fair employment practices, with supervisors held accountable for the treatment of their employees. Too often, people who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NRECA.

Worked for NRECA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NRECA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NRECA CEO Jo Ann Emerson. All reviews posted anonymously by NRECA employees.