NRG Energy
www.nrgenergy.com Princeton, NJ 5000+ Employees

Great people, poor opportunities

Analyst (Former Employee)
Larkspur, CA

I worked at NRG Energy part-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent teams, fantastic spirit, decent access to higher management for communication. The office culture is fantastic, and the management is well put together.

ConsPoor exit opportunities, terrible cross-department communication, slow deadlines and plenty of dead weight. There are better opportunities for talent.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Sincerely Depends on the Group You Work In

Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NRG Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Smartest people I have ever worked with - Good pay - Changing… Cons: It really comes down to one thing ---- Zero work/life balance. Don't take the below comments as a 'rant', but as genuine honesty. I am… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that just saying "Good Job" is not enough to keep up employee morale. The pay is great, benefits are pretty good, and the free… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Solid company but low-energy environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NRG Energy

Pros: Nice office in Houston, professional work environment for the most… Cons: Low-energy environment. On-boarding process was very limited. More

There are newer reviews on NRG Energy.

Worked for NRG Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NRG Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NRG Energy CEO David W. Crane. All reviews posted anonymously by NRG Energy employees.