NSF

www.nsf.gov

Innovative federal agency that promotes based on merit

Budget Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsInnovative ideas and mission; extremely educated and talented workforce; promotions based on performance and merit; great location

ConsIf you don't have a science background, the opportunities are limited; alternative work schedules aren't widely used; it's a federal agency, so it can be bureaucratic and change is slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to find alternative and creative ways to reward employees when awards/bonuses and COLAs are prohibited in the federal government.

Satisfaction and environment depends on which directorate you work in

Program Assistant (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

I worked at NSF full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Has various benefits ( if they let you use them when you want/need to). Very good location. Some people are very nice,… Cons: I can only comment on my experience there. Some directorates/floors have a lot of "drama or personal" issues that gets to the point where people… Advice to Senior Management: I would focus on employee moral , and satisfaction of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

wonderful, people are so nice

I have been working at NSF as an intern

Pros: nice office, locations extremely nice people Cons: as an intern, no compensation More
There are newer reviews on NSF.

Worked for NSF? Contribute to the Community!