Great Place to work

Current Employee - Grad Intern  in  Westwood, MA
Current Employee - Grad Intern in Westwood, MA

I have been working at NSTAR as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good people, friendly and helping

Cons

Too far from the city

You are doing a great job. If you can increase the sponsorhips, it would be a great chance

Other Reviews for NSTAR

Good Compensation…..Great Career Development….Excellent People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

I have been working at NSTAR full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a “millennial” coming out of college I was apprehensive of joining NSTAR being that they were known for their “traditional nature”. But since Google or Facebook wasn’t knocking at my door, I thought I’d give this company a shot.

Two years later…… I’ve received a great opportunity to move up within my department, learned a wealth of knowledge from an excellent group of experienced co-workers and managers and couldn’t be happier with my decision!

•Compensation – In my opinion, NSTAR’s pay is above market average. I’m not a compensation expert, but from my own research looking at similar jobs and companies in the Northeast, it seems fairly generous.

•Career Development – NSTAR does a great job of developing their talent. Opportunities are there to be had; young job seekers should take notice!

•People – Best part of NSTAR is the people. I know this may differ between departments, but the company culture and atmosphere really seems to foster a positive, respectful work environment.

Cons

•Distance – Personally coming from Rhode Island, the commute isn’t ideal. But the Westwood office does have a commuter train within a mile (Route 128), which is very convenient. They also provide free cab service to and from the train station. For those trying go green, this is a great perk!

•Surrounding Developments- Currently I work in an industrial park. And while this may seems like a silly complaint, there are building developments being constructed at the bottom of the Westwood office hill. According to the Globe, they are planning to build a “Target”, “Nordstrom’s Rack”, “Wegmans”… hotels, restaurants etc. Not sure if having easy access to these establishments will be good for my wallet!

If Tom May were sitting in front of me right now I’d thank him for the great job he’s done with the merger of NU. I am proud to say that I now work for a “Fortune 500 Company”! If anything else, it just adds merit to your resume if working here.

Good people

Current Employee - Systems Planning Intern  in  Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Planning Intern in Westwood, MA

I have been working at NSTAR as an intern for less than a year

Pros

For student, right now there are a bunch of intern opportunity. People are very nice. In Engineering group, you will gain very useful practical experience in power field.

Cons

Some intern job may be not that interesting, depend on what department you work for

There are newer employer reviews for NSTAR.

Worked for NSTAR? Contribute to the Community!