There are newer employer reviews for NTT Centerstance

You can be successful at Centerstance or not...Your career is your destiny, own it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at NTT Centerstance

Pros

Great benefits. Fantastic support for training and a real push to train and make sure everyone is certified in their partner tools. They give you the time you need to make that happen. Peers are fantastic resources and always willing to help each other out.

Cons

Get the salary you want coming in the door, you'll never see another raise. Bonus money is spotty if it exists at all. If you are good at selling yourself into a job you can do well here.

21 Other Employee Reviews for NTT Centerstance (View Most Recent)

Great team, great projects, so-so Leadership

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at NTT Centerstance

Pros

Interesting cloud computing products, interesting projects, excellent pay. Good focus on customer satisfaction and a good amount of repeat business. Most team members experienced.

Cons

An excess of politics, misaligned leadership, integrity issues, inconsistent leadership. Leaders that cannot agree, three re-orgs in three years, many promises unfulfilled.

The major issue at Centerstance are it's leaders - the divisiveness, the inconsistent messages, the commitments that are never fulfilled are a daily occurrence and are completing obvious to the team members. Luckily, the work, the pay, and the flexibility are great.

Body shop mentality

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at NTT Centerstance

Pros

- They negotiated great rates with their client, and I got a fine rate to me.
    - The people - including almost all of management - are really nice and are fun to be around. I really enjoyed them as *people*.
    - They're actually really pretty good at IT organizational development consulting.

Cons

- Management oversells, under-communicates, and in some cases is flat out incompetent.
    - The attitude I get both from an employee and a client perspective is that they're in it for themselves, not focusing on bringing most benefit to the client or providing opportunities for the employees.
    - Terrible contract discipline, both with consultants (who often worked without a contract) and surprisingly, with the client as well. I can't count the number of times contracts were allowed to lapse.
    - A surprising number of people who work there think more highly of their capabilities than is deserved. They may be a big fish in parts of the Portland market, but they look like small fish elsewhere.
    - Not a name I'd like to associate with myself; not a positive on the consulting resume.

Focus on doing the right thing for your clients, even if that isn't the (short term) optimal thing for Centerstance. It will pay off in long term relationships. Be MUCH better at contract management and in communication.

There are newer employer reviews for NTT Centerstance