IT Review

Former Contractor - IT Support Lead
Former Contractor - IT Support Lead

I worked at NTT DoCoMo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Talented team of resources supporting various departments. IT/ERP application has been leveraged fully to automate process as much as possible. A nice and decent company to work for. As an outside contractor reaching the client team even though they are remotely located was never a problem. A rule book following culture.

Cons

Most of the planning for IT is done in adhoc basis. New versions of application and fuller utilization of all features of various tools was not done consistently.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for NTT DoCoMo

1. A strong domestic Japanese company....nothing else

Former Employee - Manager in Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Manager in Tokyo (Japan)

Pros

-Younger personnel are friendly, capable, and intelligent -Strong domestic business with good opportunites -Strong brandname within Japan -Nice office

Cons

-Extremely buearocratic and inflexible -No real responsibility leading to poor professional development -Low competence in the international arena -Rank is everything (executive, manager, peon, etc.) -Pomotional opportunities limited to top level Japanese university grads -Little control over personal career path -Benefits don't make-up for low compenstation

Advice to Management

Take some risk and actually invest into foreign business opportunities...small limited partneships have gotten you nowhere.

2. satisfied with my intern experience

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

Pros

People there are friendly and open minded. I can discuss my work with my supervisor whenever he has time. Salary is good.

Cons

If I were asked to say some downsides of working at NTT DoCoMo USA labs, I would say their research team is not very big and the chances of exchanging ideas with people from similar background are slim.

Advice to Management

NTT DoCoMo is a strong company in the field of telecommunications. I feel proud to have worked there for one summer.