NVIDIA
www.nvidia.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Aggressive, Cutting-Edge, Focused... and in transition

HW Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

ProsContinues to be a great place to work. Lots of very smart people, generally working together very effectively, and lots of challenging engineering problems to solve. You will learn a lot and have fun doing it. I would recommend working here to anyone - its not perfect, but overall it is a very rewarding experience, both intellectually and financially.
The company is transitioning from being a GPU leader in the dying PC market, to trying to be a leader in the new world of mobile devices. Chances are it will succeed, but there is a lot of struggle ahead.

ConsFrantic pace of project to get to market can be tiring, and you have to defend you own work/life balance, as management won't. Project decision making process is rather ad hoc.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to avoid going too high end in the Tegra market. There need to be a mainstream business too.
Go back to giving stock options and drop the almost worthless RSUs.

good place to work

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA

Pros: Work life balance. Good benefits. Top of the notch technology. Competitive… Cons: I am not sure whether I can specifically say something here. It is a very good… More

Not an employee oriented Company....

Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA

Pros: Talented People and cutting edge work. Keeps you busy. Good health plan. 2… Cons: Unfriendly work environment. Although people are talented, there is too much of attitude. Too many emails and people do not like in-person interaction. Lack of work… Advice to Senior Management: Mr.Huang has to get out of his past glory dream and look at the realistic picture. You always talk about your importance of your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NVIDIA.

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NVIDIA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang. All reviews posted anonymously by NVIDIA employees.