NVIDIA

www.nvidia.com

Company Culture and Work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsWork at Nvidia is always at cutting edge. You will get to learn/develop on the latest technology trends in computing, especially in this era where parallel computing is everywhere and nvidia is a front runner in it. It has all the feel of a startup and you get due recognition for the work you put in.

ConsCareer growth is slow in some of the teams. Also, the excessively high pressure environment means you are required to put in extra hours every now and then. There is a lot of ego clashes as well, since the performance reviews heavily depend on how well you drove your point of view/ideas into acceptance. It is politically messy, but not so much if you are an engineer.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to grow your teams. Focus on growth of each and every member, that;s the only way a team can prosper. Remember, you get your best work done from your engineers if you keep them happy. Make sure they see the progress in themselves by appreciating them and allowing them to grow. And yes, adequate compensation is the reward they will appreciate. Not some words flying around that have no significance once the moment has passed.

Not bad, but can be better

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Very strong US based SW & HW teams Cons: To many jobs moved to Asia and, as result, quality… Advice to Senior Management: Return outsourced jobs back to US Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for. Awesome

Intern (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA as an intern for less than a year

Pros: High Performing team which keeps you busy Cons: Work Life balance not good Advice to Senior Management: more Work life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NVIDIA.

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!