There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA

Great company and exciting workplace

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When I saw some of the negative reviews on Glassdoor about NVIDIA, I was nervous about whether my experience would be similar to those ones. Having worked at NVIDIA for nearly a year, though, I can say that my experience has been anything but negative. I absolutely love my job here -- I wake up excited each day to come to work. My work life balance is great -- when I'm at work, I work hard, but I then leave my work at the office and don't think about it when I'm at home.The work itself is challenging, but I have found that this helps to motivate me all the more. I have never had any trouble getting help from my co-workers, and in fact, I've found that most will bend over backwards to help someone else when they need it. I've found that most of the individuals I've worked with have been exceptionally smart and I've learned a lot from them, but at the same time, I've found that I have been able to offer a lot back to the group and it's a great feeling to feel that my relationships have been a two-way street. It's also been awesome to work at the cutting edge of technology and to see the innovations the company is developing.

I'm continually impressed with NVIDIA and I feel I've made the right choice in coming here.

Cons

The main form of communication at NVIDIA is email, and accordingly, you'll get tons of it. Effective filters/rules help to manage the deluge.

692 Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA (View Most Recent)

Would recommend-- with caveats.

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Project management is sane. Schedules are aggressive but generally achievable. When not, PM makes sane adjustments to requirements or schedule.
    Remote sites frequently allow employees to work from home. Mitigates high presence expectation.
    Company is been on a slow but steady growth pattern for years. Tends to succeed in most pursuits, though never unboundedly. Decent future prospects, but don't expect to get rich.

Cons

Methodology is too centralized, too "push-button" and too broken. Huge and written in non-scaling languages (i.e. tcl, Make). Design engineers not allowed at vendor AEs. Targets NCGs. Hence, experienced engineers are poorly utilized, not respected and not invested in.
    Global projects with high internal competition -> effective 24/7 response expectation. Not good for, say, sleep or life. Lots of lip service to balance and lots of "listening", but the realities are fixed. Part of the job.
    Still a lot of site-tribalism -> less solution sharing -> lost efficiency.

Dramatically thin the PnR methodology layer. Let the EDA vendors support the engineers. They have invested more in their user support network than nVidia can afford to duplicate.

12 year NVIDIAn

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Talented people, great products, exciting industry

Cons

Moves slowly, at-times abrasive "intellectual honesty" culture

Allow the people you've hired to do their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA