NVIDIA

www.nvidia.com
  www.nvidia.com
There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA

Excellent workplace, Pay and Location

I have been working at NVIDIA as an intern

Pros

Great place to learn , Project flexibility, Awesome Intern events, World Class Cafeteria

Cons

Too much of work expectations even if being an intern, the ramp up period is expected to be only 2 weeks .

730 Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA (View Most Recent)

Intense Workplace - Amazing Coworkers

Former Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Made some of the best friends of my life working at NVIDIA.
     - Learned what I am capable of achieving under EXTREMELY stressful working conditions; it gave me confidence in my own abilities
     - Relatively flat organization with little politics. You can get attention for your projects even with 8k employees
     - Definitely play hard mentality after you're finished working
     - No accruing vacation. Take it as you need it. (however I've noticed this also breeds a lot of peer pressure NOT to take vacation...so you just have to be OK with that)

Cons

- Very stressful work environment. At crunch times, there is ZERO work/life balance
    - Teams will be near completion on a project, and then a senior person will come in and completely change direction. It wastes time.
    - There are always big ideas that trickle down from the top without consideration for how many resources will be needed to execute. Each person is doing 3-people's jobs.
    - Abrasive communication style. Very negative, very aggressive.
    - None of the fun perks that other large Silicon Valley companies are known for. No free lunch. No shuttles from SF. No 401k matching (while I was there, although I think this has since changed). No cash bonus (only RSUs).

- Be more constructive, and communicate more thoughtfully with each other at the most senior levels. That positivity will trickle down to the teams you manage. Right now, it's a very thankless environment.
    - Show employees appreciation. Don't assume that ESPP or RSUs are enough. There is a lot of competition for good workers, and they will go for higher pay/better benefits/work-life-balance
    - Teach managers how to manage. Give them training on mentorship, communication skills, etc...

Working here is not as good as it sounds like

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Yes, you don't have to worry about no tasks. Everyday there is a huge amount of tasks waiting for you. If you want to really take efforts learn and dig into something, this will benefit you a lot. There's many senior engineers in NVIDIA, from who you can definitely learn a lot.

Cons

NVIDIA is a world-famous company, however it is not as cool as it sounds working here ---- I'm comparing it with some companies with equivalent reputation in industry. Base salary and bonus are lower than many Bay Area companies. Benefits are not attractive. Working environment is not so good: only drinking water is free! I cannot comment on the overall management, but my manager is definitely doing too much micro-management. If you are only attracted by it's "fame", be careful on your offer choice. You definitely have a lot of better choices around Bay Area. Just look on glassdoor and find companies rated higher than it! This really helps!

No advice. Semiconductor industry is saturated. With no profit a company will get nothing. Management is only one of them. Good managers will go to Apple or Facebook for sure.

There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA