12 year NVIDIAn

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Talented people, great products, exciting industry

Cons

Moves slowly, at-times abrasive "intellectual honesty" culture

Advice to Management

Allow the people you've hired to do their jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA

Good company

Pros

Flexible work hours, and nice adviser. Plus free dinner.

Cons

Salary is not very satisfying. And the work load is a little bit heavy.

Advice to Management

Increase salary if possible.

Intense Workplace - Amazing Coworkers

Former Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Made some of the best friends of my life working at NVIDIA. - Learned what I am capable of achieving under EXTREMELY stressful working conditions; it gave me confidence in my own abilities - Relatively flat organization with little politics. You can get attention for your projects even with 8k employees - Definitely play hard mentality after you're finished working - No accruing vacation. Take it as you need it. (however I've noticed this also breeds a lot of peer pressure NOT to take vacation...so you just have to be OK with that)

Cons

- Very stressful work environment. At crunch times, there is ZERO work/life balance - Teams will be near completion on a project, and then a senior person will come in and completely change direction. It wastes time. - There are always big ideas that trickle down from the top without consideration for how many resources will be needed to execute. Each person is doing 3-people's jobs. - Abrasive communication style. Very negative, very aggressive. - None of the fun perks that other large Silicon Valley companies are known for. No free lunch. No shuttles from SF. No 401k matching (while I was there, although I think this has since changed). No cash bonus (only RSUs).

Advice to Management

- Be more constructive, and communicate more thoughtfully with each other at the most senior levels. That positivity will trickle down to the teams you manage. Right now, it's a very thankless environment. - Show employees appreciation. Don't assume that ESPP or RSUs are enough. There is a lot of competition for good workers, and they will go for higher pay/better benefits/work-life-balance - Teach managers how to manage. Give them training on mentorship, communication skills, etc...