There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA

Good company for engineers

Current Employee - Senior Systems Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ Dynamic and challenging company

Cons

+ work/life balance
+ inefficient decision making, sometimes.

nothing.

678 Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA (View Most Recent)

Good place to work for tech geeks

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked on a great team, people supported each other and the managers were direct and honest.
    As a gamer, some of the technologies they were working on were very cutting edge and interesting.
    Good training program.

Cons

Hectic work environment, too much on each person's plate during crazy times.
    Left this job for better pay elsewhere.

Look into expanding workforce, especially before product pushes.
    Increase compensation/benefits.

One of the Worst Jobs I've Had

Former Employee - Technical Writer  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. Nvidia is a large company, so your experience will be largely determined by which group you work in. I saw some engineering groups that seemed like good places to work. But check out the manager and co-workers carefully.

Cons

I worked in the mobile group as a technical writer, but the title is misleading. All technical writing in the mobile group is performed by engineers, and tech writers simply convert it to PDF or HTML and release it to the proper channels. It's strictly document production, churning out docs under very heavy time pressure.

The only docs "written" by tech writers are Release Notes-type docs. API References and meaty technical documents are written by engineers. Beware: I was told during the interview that this was a writing position. However, all Technical Writer positions in the mobile group are more accurately described as document-production jobs.

In fact, real technical writing in the mobile group is not valued; no time is allocated to produce proper documentation. What is valued is churning out engineer-written docs at a fast pace.

Sadly, people in the mobile group who can spew out documents at a quick rate are placed in managerial positions, even if they are over-reacting, micro-managing bullies with no people skills. Beware you don't end up working with one of those.

There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!