NVIDIA

www.nvidia.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA

Good place to work for tech geeks

Former Employee - Customer Service in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Customer Service in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked on a great team, people supported each other and the managers were direct and honest.
As a gamer, some of the technologies they were working on were very cutting edge and interesting.
Good training program.

Cons

Hectic work environment, too much on each person's plate during crazy times.
Left this job for better pay elsewhere.

Look into expanding workforce, especially before product pushes.
Increase compensation/benefits.

767 Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Difficult to Move Around

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, passionate people, interesting problems, great technology, green, responsible company, enthusiastic CEO. I learned a great deal about what it takes to ship a competitive, complex, microprocessor.

Cons

With a large software base, my area was understandably resistent to change. Many thousands of lines of perl has a way of chipping away at the soul. After getting tired of my department, it took time to get gears turning to move to a new department, before I ultimately decided to move on to other challenges. A circumscribed job role limits the number of technologies one is exposed to. I enjoy wearing many hats, and was only able to wear a few.

One of the Worst Jobs I've Had

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. Nvidia is a large company, so your experience will be largely determined by which group you work in. I saw some engineering groups that seemed like good places to work. But check out the manager and co-workers carefully.

Cons

I worked in the mobile group as a technical writer, but the title is misleading. All technical writing in the mobile group is performed by engineers, and tech writers simply convert it to PDF or HTML and release it to the proper channels. It's strictly document production, churning out docs under very heavy time pressure.

The only docs "written" by tech writers are Release Notes-type docs. API References and meaty technical documents are written by engineers. Beware: I was told during the interview that this was a writing position. However, all Technical Writer positions in the mobile group are more accurately described as document-production jobs.

In fact, real technical writing in the mobile group is not valued; no time is allocated to produce proper documentation. What is valued is churning out engineer-written docs at a fast pace.

Sadly, people in the mobile group who can spew out documents at a quick rate are placed in managerial positions, even if they are over-reacting, micro-managing bullies with no people skills. Beware you don't end up working with one of those.

There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA