There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA

NVDA

Current Employee - Senior ASIC Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Current Employee - Senior ASIC Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can WAH if you have some urgent family things to do.

Cons

I was told that it was more busy than the other company.

692 Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA (View Most Recent)

Interesting work, but poorly payed.

Former Employee - Developer Technology Engineer in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Developer Technology Engineer in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've never seen so many creative people around as during the time when I worked for NVIDIA. Typically, whatever you do, the work is really interesting. And, of course, if you don't like an assignment, you can reject it. That is, if you want to do only what is interesting, you'll do what is interesting.

Cons

NVIDIA workers at the Moscow office are definitely underpayed. The salaries of skilled programmers at the Moscow office of NVIDIDA are 20-30% lower than those in other companies located in Moscow.

Adjust salaries for inflation every year. The inflation in Russia is 6-8% per year. The salaries must be adjusted accordingly.

Great work environment ! Excellent people ! Excellent learning !

Former Employee - ASIC Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - ASIC Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

Very open culture, people open to suggestions from even new college graduates, always ready to discuss ideas. I had opportunity to work with some of the best people at Bangalore. I received some tasks with clear goal and appropriate guidance. I could go bug my lead from time to time to get feedback and help, and made really good progress in little time resulting in lot of confidence boost .. I joined with very little real world skills (no perl/shell scripting, not much programming or verilog) soon was able to ramp up on most of things because of interesting work.

Cons

It is a less people high output kind of company, so even though people are helpful they may be pressed for deadlines.. There is no official training and not so good documentation, so have to develop some soft-skills of bugging right people at right time to make forward progress.. If you don't have initiative - you can't servive here..
    Engineers may be exposed to some high level decisions every few months when product level changes are made to adjust to market.. Similarly, there are lot of role changes depending on priority of projects so it causes some re-focusing issue.. Also you don't have ownership of something for a really long time so can't milk your invested time fully..

There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA