There are newer employer reviews for NVR

Great company to work for even while the market is down

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative
Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative

I have been working at NVR

Pros

While the housing market is currently slower than the past few years management has continued to think of ways to help the sales staff get the needed sales. We are not paid on percentage commissions, so even though home prices have dropped it hasn't affected our pay directly. The management teams are supportive of your personal/professional goals and are very open to feedback. Constant self-evaluation and feedback from management makes it so that you don't get bored because you're always able to work on something to improve yourself. While promotions have been slowed the growth opportunity is great, even within the position itself.

Cons

Being part of a large Fortune 500 company can be frustrating at time because of the amount of time it takes to affect change. There are numerous layers to work through before something can be approved, etc...

Continue to think outside the box and continue to solicit feedback from those in the field, not only on the sales side, but on the building side as well - those ideas are the ones that will promote the solutions that we are looking for. It's not ALWAYS about the numbers or earnings per share, but the people as well and sometimes that can get lost in translation.

21 Other Employee Reviews for NVR (View Most Recent)

Strong financial company

I have been working at NVR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In this volatile industry, this company is one of the few that is excelling. There is no fear of downsizing and only growth. It is a great long term career oriented company.

Cons

This company has very high expectations and a fast paced culture. I enjoy that challenge, but it is not for everyone.

Administrative Sweatshop

I worked at NVR

Pros

Nice office locations to work in.

Cons

It's a home-building "factory" environment. It's all about the bottom-line and the administrative employees are micromanaged, poorly compensated, and overworked.

There are newer employer reviews for NVR

Worked for NVR? Contribute to the Community!