NVR
www.nvrinc.com Reston, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great company to work for even while the market is down

Sales and Marketing Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at NVR

ProsWhile the housing market is currently slower than the past few years management has continued to think of ways to help the sales staff get the needed sales. We are not paid on percentage commissions, so even though home prices have dropped it hasn't affected our pay directly. The management teams are supportive of your personal/professional goals and are very open to feedback. Constant self-evaluation and feedback from management makes it so that you don't get bored because you're always able to work on something to improve yourself. While promotions have been slowed the growth opportunity is great, even within the position itself.

ConsBeing part of a large Fortune 500 company can be frustrating at time because of the amount of time it takes to affect change. There are numerous layers to work through before something can be approved, etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to think outside the box and continue to solicit feedback from those in the field, not only on the sales side, but on the building side as well - those ideas are the ones that will promote the solutions that we are looking for. It's not ALWAYS about the numbers or earnings per share, but the people as well and sometimes that can get lost in translation.

Decent company to work for among the last standing mortgage companies that are still in business.

Loan Processor (Current Employee)
Brecksville, OH

I have been working at NVR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible hours and no weekends. Small Fortune 500 Company.… Cons: Very minimal vacation time thus very little family/work life balance.… Advice to Senior Management: Everyone should be treated equal, some members of the management team plays favorites. Company should work together as a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management was unorganized

Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee)
Franklin, TN

I worked at NVR full-time for less than a year

Pros: New and updated floor plans that made sense. Cons: Too many chefs in the kitchen. Then they insisted on… Advice to Senior Management: Teach people to sell but let them have their own… More

There are newer reviews on NVR.

Worked for NVR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NVR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NVR CEO Paul C. Saville. All reviews posted anonymously by NVR employees.