NY Daily News

www.nydn.com
  www.nydn.com
There are newer employer reviews for NY Daily News

No Advancement. Limited growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NY Daily News

Pros

Easy commute to the Job (Lower Manhattan).

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities within the company.

Promote from within.

29 Other Employee Reviews for NY Daily News (View Most Recent)

Good manual labor job but that's about it

Current Employee - Pressman in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pressman in New York, NY

I have been working at NY Daily News

Pros

Relaxed work atmosphere, easy with time off, pay is good for a person going into a trade that does not need much training

Cons

Promotions can be very political, sometimes tense relationship with management, working nights and weekends isn't for everyone, job is rapidly being replaced by computers

Pay your employees a little more and see if they can transition into the digital side of the company

Absolutely Not

I worked at NY Daily News

Pros

Let's just say I worked in one of the cattiest departments you could think of.
    It's funny, because the people there were bitter, but everyone else I met and talked to outside of my department were classy, intelligent and are the only people you'll find some decency in - basically the editors & copywriters, etc.

Great way to network if you're trying to break in the field, especially with many writers in so many different beats, it's not hard to find someone within your interest.

The good thing is that they have a messenger and they don't make you pay anything out of your pocket, but exchanging your dignity and self-worth is as equivalent!

Cons

Catty, exploitative, degrading behavior.
    It was a nightmare being there because you're pretty much impeded about every little thing you do: where you put your stuff, where you sit, where you stand, why this is here and there, when CLEARLY the employees do the same.

Respect your interns, they're not dogs nor are not robotic, so it would be nice to not complain about every little thing we're doing our best at. HR (whether they care or not) should look into this specific department and analyze what's going on in there. This is not journalism; this is menial, slave work.

There are newer employer reviews for NY Daily News