NY Marketing Firm

www.nymarketingfirm.org
  www.nymarketingfirm.org
There are newer employer reviews for NY Marketing Firm

I learned a lot in the time I was there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at NY Marketing Firm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the pros I had about my time with NY Marketing Firm was the team environment the shared. When Everyone was available for help all the time. The biggest thing they taught me was growth and personal development. Everyday was something new and I learned a lot of real world skills being a recent college grad. It wasn't easy picking up the knowledge and working fast but I got great leadership and a kick in the butt every day. Haha. On a serious note, thank you guys for a great environment.

Cons

I had to relocate and go back home to Ohio, The downside is that they don't have an office in Ohio yet.

Keep up the good work guys, a little more pizza parties though.

5 Other Employee Reviews for NY Marketing Firm (View Most Recent)

Actual work experience

I worked at NY Marketing Firm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great entry-level system. Promotions are merit based. There is ACTUAL management support and training (all paid). The team taught me all about product knowledge, marketing techniques, simple sales tools and gave me tips on how to become a successful leader. The mornings were very inspiring.

Cons

I had to take multiple trains when commuting from Lindenhurst to the Trump Building on Wall Street, which was a hassle for me to be on time everyday, Mon-Fri, consistently.

Open up an office in Long Island

SCAM

I worked at NY Marketing Firm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not an office job. There's really nothing legitimate about this company.

Cons

The guy who interviewed me misrepresented the company during the interview. He made it sound like we would be working with Fortune 500 companies and acting as a liason to their customers. The reality is, on our first day, we had to go door-to-door making sales to get random people to upgrade their cable or to save money on their electric. Meanwhile, this company couldn't even pay their own electric bill because the lights went out in the office once. I still don't understand the whole premise to this day. I really don't believe we were helping people save money at all. During my 3rd or 4th week, our paychecks were not ready. I was told one of my sales closed, when it really didn't.

Then, some other bigshot in the company told the truth about it being a pyramid-like structure company. Where the real way to make money is to recruit people (family and friends) to work underneath you. I said this is not what I signed up for, and that is my last day. The average paycheck was about $80 per week.

Don't lie.